Saturday, January 26

With the bodyguards...

It always rain nowadays, usually late evening or at night. I have nothing against rain. It keeps my body cool. Yeah, I am the type who needs to have the aircond/fan switched on 24/7. Just like fish needs water, I need to feel the air. It was raining, and we went to Kota Damansara to have our late dinner.

"We" here refer to me and my 2 beloved brothers Kamil Hakimi (a.k.a Kimi) and Azizul Hakimi (a.k.a adik Joe). Adik Joe is back for the long-weekend (public holidays on Thursday and coming Monday). Dua-dua konon-kononnya pemalu.

 
Kimi had the Sup Campur (mixed soup with oxtail). I think Gulam Mee is quite famous for its sup campur. Kimi said it is almost as good as Sup Haji Abu Bakar @ Jalan Doraisamy, Asian Heritage row.

And I had special mamak fried mee. What made it special is the peanut sauce ~ mixed it with the noodles and yummmy! The special ones served with chicken/beef. Maybe they were out of chicken last nite, so mine was cooked with beef slices.

 Adik Joe ordered chicken fried rice. I didn't take a bite last night, so I wouldn't comment further.

We also had otak-otak while waiting for the food to be served. Not bad :).

Lai chee kang is quite disappointing. I was hoping to drink the one with snow fungus, red dates, barley and kembang semangkuk (malva nut). At the price I am paying, I did expect a better one!

And my thought: Gulam Mee is a place of choice if you don't mind eating with crowds and being patience with the waiting time (so I heard. We went quite late hence the service was good). Its a huge place to hang out with friends watching football match, etc. No game last night, and we watched The Rock sang "You Look Horrible Tonight" in WWE. Man, it was hilarious!



Sebelum kami balik, ada makcik jual kerepek datang. Each time I saw them, I feel like, what if I ended up having no kids in the future, and having nothing else to do to earn the money? Except selling chips and cookies? I always try to teach my brothers, always do good to others. It only costs RM10.00 for 3 packs. Watch their faces. Allahuakbar! When they said "thank you, nak", with full of appreciation, always is the cause to my teary eyes.
It must be hard for her to earn more at Gulam Mee's area. I saw too many refusals. Come on! You can buy Samsung, iPhone and all other gadgets, but can't afford RM10? Like, seriously?

Kuih ros, from the makcik of course. Thank you makcik! Saya memang pemakan tegar!


Venue:
Gulam Mee Sdn Bhd
B 13A, Bistari De'Kota
Jalan Teknologi 3/9 Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya


Price:
Sup Campur RM12.00
Steamed Rice RM1.50
Mamak fried mee (special) RM8.50
Chicken Fried Rice RM6.80
Lai Chee Kang RM4.20 [overpriced]
Otak-otak RM0.80/stick

3 comments:

  1. love kerepeks merepeks & not expensive! will definitely but makcik's kerepeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that the kerepeks were made by herself. Berapalah sangat yang makcik dapat kalau setakat jual 3 peket? For us, bayar RM10 for 3 peket of tempeyek, kerepek ubi and kuih ros, without having to even start the car engine pun. Terus dtg ke meja. I believe, kalau kita berkongsi rezeki, insyaAllah we'll get more.

      Delete