Thursday, January 24

Brown Lunch

Its 24th January 2013 [12 Rabi'ul Awal 1434 H]. Its Maulidur Rasul (the birthday of Prophet Muhammad SAW). As usual, a workaholic will always work - public holiday or not :). A friend says, "you're not Malaysian. You're actually Salisian - a country of your own". Why? Because my role supports 7 countries, and each country has its own PH, and always differ from others, ending up with me working on those days. 

So for today, I have to find something nice nextdoor. Working in a building next to the shopping complex, I never have problems to find food (but choosing the place can be a dilemma too). I decided to eat lunch at Nyonya Colors OneUtama, accompanied by Farah W and Farah L (thank you sis!)

My main menu is Penang assam laksa. I love the good taste of the gravy. I love the pineapple sweet and sour flavor. I love the fish chunks. The combination of all the stuffs is just perfect to my mouth.

I also ordered the tasty green bean soup - well, actually cooked with coconut milk. And also fresh lime & sour plum drink (this is super masam but I keep ordering the same drink everytime).

This is my favorite food - fruit rojak. But this time, Farah W ordered this for her lunch. The mix of thick dark brown rojak sauce and crushed peanuts on top of the fruits: cucumber, pineapple, green mangoes, yam bean (saya baru tau yam bean is sengkuang), and i-don't-know-what-type-of-flour fritters - totally irresistible!

And finally, we also had cucur udang (Shrimp Fritters). This should be eaten while they're still hot. Otherwise, it will be just an overpriced food :)

And my thought: Nyonya Colors offers delicious nyonya kueh and snacks, light meals and desserts. Kueh is a bit pricey, but they are definitely tasty!

Venue:
Nyonya Colors
F101, First Floor
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya.

Price:
Penang Assam Laksa: RM9.80
Fresh Lime & SourPlum: RM3.60
Cucur Udang: RM2.60
Tong Sui - green bean: RM3.80
Fruit Rojak: RM6.90
Tax: 6% Govt Tax 

2 comments:

  1. habis cuti ni nak pi cari rojak buah kegemaran kak lisa ni..ihihihi

    ReplyDelete